African Vanielje on Dec 10 2007 at 12:04 pm | Filed under: Uncategorized
The food blogosphere is laden with foodie events to participate in and enjoy, but none so worthy as Menu for Hope. Now in it’s 4th year and started by Pim of Chez Pim, it is an online auction held to raise money for charity. The UN World Food Programme, to be exact. This year the UK hosts are Cooksister and The Passionate Cook. They have chosen to channel funds raised to a children’s feeding programme in the kingdom of Lesotho, a project close to my home and therefore close to my heart.
I am thrilled to be able to participate by donating a prize for this great cause. All the prizes are foodie related and donated by food bloggers and people in the food industry. Check out the list at the prize hub.
My prize donation will be…
…a one off, custom designed handmade and
handpainted Wedding Cake
( or any other celebration cake) by Cakes Etc.
The Cake is valued at Â£500 – Â£600. Yes,that much, so imagine how much you will be saving on your wedding, or what a great gift it would make to a happy couple.
- All my cakes use organic ingredients wherever possible and the design will be unique and tailored to the winner.
- The prize is valid between January and September 2008, providing my services are available on the date required.
- The cake can be fruit cake, chocolate cake, or any other sponge flavour, or a mixture with different layers having different flavours.
- The cake will have up to three tiers.
- I will consult with the winners via phone/email or in person, depending on location.
- I will then go away and come up with three designs.
- The winner can choose which design they would like me to make (I may even do some minor tweaking if required)
- I will make and deliver the cake in the Bristol or Bath area, or in London. If the winner is from any other area the cake can be collected from me (just outside Bath).
- My cakes are complete originals and I do not copy other people’s designs. What you get is a one-off!
- The cake does not have to be a wedding cake. It can be for any sort of celebration you wish.
- The prize code for this cake is UK08
To bid on this or any of the other prizes please follow the instructions below. Last year raised over $60,000 so please do what you can to ensure that this year is just as succesful.
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html . (This is the global list of all prizes donated this year. The summary of prizes on Cooksister will be located here:
http://www.cooksister.com/2007/11/menu-for-hope-2.html.) You must make sure to check the terms and conditions for the individual prizes BEFORE you bid, as some will come with restrictions regarding where they ship to or how long the prize is valid for.
2. Go to the donation site at
http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify the prize code of the prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Each $10 you donate will give you onetoward a prize of your choice. If you are buying more than one ticket, please indicate how you would like the tickets to be allocated. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win.
Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday January 9
for the results of the raffle.
GOOD LUCK and remember ’tis the season of giving! So give a double gift this year.